CAF is the designer and manufacturer of the 118 Sprinters Next Generation (SNG) that were ordered by the NS. We are looking for an on-site Quality Manager as an addition to our (new) international team. The Quality Manager is CAF’s Quality Department representative in the Netherlands and part of the Commissioning Team. He or she will be responsible for all quality related issues that may occur during the delivery process of the new trains to the customer. The Quality Manager
• conducts quality inspections of the new trains with the customer.
• deals with the suppliers and the systems in case of minor component failures.
• makes sure all documents are ready for commissioning.
• manages and reports the status of open quality points, modifications and retrofit works.
• compiles information related to activities in the Netherlands and incorporates them in the Car History Books of the trains.
• coordinates and communicates between both CAF’s technical team and the customer.
The Quality Manager reports to the Project Quality Manager in Beasain (Spain). The work location is Leidschendam, however the 1st few months of 2018 the work will be done in Amsterdam. The preferred start date is 1st November.
• Has a degree in Engineering.
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in the railway industry, preferably in activities related to delivering trains to the customer.
• Is organized, pro-active, efficient and able to work under pressure.
• Has very good communication skills and is able to work independently.
• Is flexible and able to adapt to changes related to qualifications and planning.
• Is fluent in Dutch and has a good level of English (both verbal and written). Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
What to expect
Working for CAF is working in an international and dynamic environment. We recently started in the Netherlands and are working on expanding our small yet enthusiastic team.
CAF offers an interesting salary with a 40 hour work week, 13 roster free days and 27 holidays per annum. The role may require an 2 to 4 week training at our factory in Beasain (Spain). A per diem will be provided for the workdays outside of the Netherlands.
CAF is one of the international market leaders in the design, manufacture and maintenance of modern rolling stock. For the Provence of Utrecht CAF is manufacturing the new Uithoflijn trams, which should be out on the streets halfway through 2018. We are also producing 118 new Sprinters for the NS and are currently designing the new trams for the city of Amsterdam, which should be out around the 2nd half of 2019. CAF is a Spanish company with approximately 8000 employees worldwide who work on about 80 projects spread out over 33 countries. CAF has recently started their operations in the Netherlands. For more information about the company, check out www.caf.net.
Responsible consultant: George de la Croix.