CAF- Leidschendam (in Amsterdam during first few months)
CAF is the designer and manufacturer of the 118 Sprinters Next Generation (SNG) that were ordered by the NS. We are looking for an on-site Quality Manager as an addition to our (new) international team. The Quality Manager is CAF’s Quality Department representative in the Netherlands and part of the Commissioning Team. He or she will be responsible for all quality related issues that may occur during the delivery process of the new trains to the customer. The Quality Manager
• conducts quality inspections of the new trains with the customer.
• deals with the suppliers and the systems in case of minor component failures.
• makes sure all documents are ready for commissioning.
• manages and reports the status of open quality points, modifications and retrofit works.
• compiles information related to activities in the Netherlands and incorporates them in the Car History Books of the trains.
• coordinates and communicates between both CAF’s technical team and the customer.
The Quality Manager reports to the Project Quality Manager in Beasain (Spain). The work location is Leidschendam, however the 1st few months of 2018 the work will be done in Amsterdam. The preferred start date is 1st November.
• Has a degree in Engineering.
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in the railway industry, preferably in activities related to delivering trains to the customer.
• Is organized, pro-active, efficient and able to work under pressure.
• Has very good communication skills and is able to work independently.
• Is flexible and able to adapt to changes related to qualifications and planning.
• Is fluent in Dutch and has a good level of English (both verbal and written). Knowledge of Spanish would be an advantage.
What to expect
Working for CAF is working in an international and dynamic environment. We recently started in the Netherlands and are working on expanding our small yet enthusiastic team.
CAF offers an interesting salary with a 40 hour work week, 13 roster free days and 27 holidays per annum. The role may require an 2 to 4 week training at our factory in Beasain (Spain). A per diem will be provided for the workdays outside of the Netherlands.
Responsible consultant: George de la Croix.