For our brand new international team we are looking for a Health & Safety Manager who will be involved in implementing the Health and Safety, Environment and Quality policies for clients5 new projects in the Benelux. In order to ensure a safe and secure business process you will make sure that the company´s operations are in full compliance with local legislation and client existing policies and procedures. You will liaise with the Rail Services and Rolling Stock departments and each depot manager to implement and review the various procedures. The H&S Manager reports directly to the Central European Projects Manager and the International H&S Manager and indirectly to each warranty or testing Project Manager in the 3 countries. The startdate is as soon as possible.
As H&S Manager you will
• Develop procedures for health and safety based on ISO 18001 to guarantee personnel welfare, safety of products, safeguarding installations and surroundings as well as alert- and crisis management systems.
• Develop risk inventory instruments, perform and assay the risk inventory assessment in line with local law and legislation.
• Be responsible for undertaking hazard studies on industrial sites and overseeing the development of technological risk prevention plans.
• Train and guide staff on new working methods, procedures and instructions.
• Responsible for the accomplishment of all legal requirements related to H&S.
• Face H&S inspections.
• Regularly visit the various depots in the 3 countries to review if the H&S procedures meet the current & future operational requirements.
• Deals with accident investigation and reporting should any accident occur.
• Has a bachelor degree in Engineering.
• Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role in a technical environment, preferably in the Railway, Maritime, Automotive or Aviation Industry.
• Is experienced with OHSAS 18001.
• Is fluent in Dutch, French and English, both verbal and written.
• Is able to communicate in a multi-national and culturally diverse organization.
• Is experienced in successfully implementing QESH policies.
• Is a highly organized self-starter with the ability to prioritise his or her own workload.
• Has a thorough knowledge of quality management systems and laws and regulations laws on Health and Safety within Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
• Is IT literate.
• Is persistent, critical, analytical and stress resistant.
What to expect
Working for our client is working in an international and dynamic environment. We only recently started in the Benelux and are busy expanding our small yet enthusiastic team. The Dutch office is conveniently located in Utrecht and only a short walk from Utrecht Central Station.
Responsible consultant: Stephan van Uden