For our brand new international team we are looking for a Health & Safety Coordinator who will be supporting the Health & Safety Manager Benelux. The H&S Coordinator will be involved in implementing the Health and Safety policies for CAF’s 5 new projects in the Benelux with the main focus on the 3 projects in the Netherlands. In order to ensure a safe and secure business process you will make sure that the company´s operations are in full compliance with local legislation and CAF’s existing policies and procedures. You will liaise with the Rail Services and Rolling Stock departments and each depot manager to implement and review the various procedures. The start date is as soon as possible.
As H&S Officer you will
• Provide pro-active support in the implementation of the Company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
• Train and guide staff on new working methods, procedures and instructions.
• Regularly visit the various depots in the Netherlands (Nieuwegein, Leidschendam and Amsterdam) to review if the H&S procedures meet the current & future operational requirements.
• See to it that all practices are in line the health & Safety requirements and report this to the Health & Safety Manager Benelux .
• Deal with accident investigation and reporting should any accident occur
• Prepare/assist Health and Safety audit reports
• Liaise directly with the Client concerning Health & Safety matters
• Perform any other duties designated by the Health and Safety manager
Our ideal candidate
• Has a bachelor degree in Engineering.
• Has a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a similar role in a technical environment, preferably in the Railway, Maritime, Automotive or Aviation Industry.
• Is experienced with OHSAS 18001.
• Is fluent in Dutch and English, both verbal and written.
• Is able to communicate in a multi-national and culturally diverse organization.
• Is experienced in successfully implementing Health and Safety policies.
• Is highly organized with the ability to prioritise his or her own workload.
• Has a thorough knowledge of Health and safety management systems and regulation/laws in Netherlands.
• Is IT literate.
• Is persistent, critical, analytical and stress resistant.
What to expect
Working for CAF is working in an international and dynamic environment. We only recently started in the Benelux and are busy expanding our small yet enthusiastic team.
CAF Netherlands offers a competitive salary with 27 holidays and 13 roster free days per year based on a 40 hour work week, a pension plan, travel allowance, a laptop and phone. Spending some time at the factory in Beasain (Spain) will be part of the training process. An extra per diem will be provided for the days working abroad.
Responsible consultant: Burt Lamers.