For our new, international team we are looking for a Commissioning Manager (or Project Manager) to handle all technical, quality and engineering related issues that may arise during the commissioning process of our projects in the Netherlands. Currently there are 3 projects in the Netherlands; CAF is designing and manufacturing 118 new Sprinters for the NS, 63 new trams for the city of Amsterdam and 49 new trams for the Provence of Utrecht. The Commissioning Manager will act as the main liaison between CAF and the customers, while being supported by the various CAF departments in both Spain and the Netherlands.
The Commissioning Manager
• attends the various meetings with the customer and communicates the customer’s request to the various CAF teams.
• manages the integration of commissioning work streams, including resolution of key interface issues
• coordinates the technical, quality and engineering related issues that arise during the testing and commissioning process
• provides the customer with relevant, concise and accurate reporting information
• deals with monthly progress reports, meeting reports, official documentation, etc.
• leads the onsite commissioning activities.
The Commissioning Manager reports to the Project Manager who is located in Beasain (Spain). The preferred start date January 2nd. The work locations are in Leidschendam and Amsterdam.
Our ideal candidate
• has a bachelor degree in Engineering.
• has a minimum of 3 years of project management experience (preferably for large projects managing teams with different disciplines).
• is fluent in English and Dutch (verbal and written). Spanish knowledge would be an advantage.
• Is flexible and able to work under pressure
• Is result oriented
• Experience in railway industry would be an advantage.
What to expect
Working for CAF is working in an international and dynamic environment. We only recently started in the Netherlands and are busy to expand our currently small, yet enthusiastic team.
CAF offers a competitive salary with 27 holidays and 13 roster free days per annum, based on a 40 hour work week. Spending some time at CAF’s manufacturing facility in Beasain (Spain) or a similar project elsewhere will be part of the training process. An extra per diem will be provided for the days working abroad.
CAF is one of the international market leaders in the design, manufacture and maintenance of modern rolling stock. CAF is manufacturing 118 new Sprinters for the NS and currently designing and manufacturing 63 new trams for the city of Amsterdam. For the Provence of Utrecht CAF is manufacturing 49 new trams, which should be out on the streets halfway through 2018.
CAF is a Spanish company with approximately 8000 employees worldwide who work on about 80 projects spread out over 33 countries. CAF has recently started their operations in the Netherlands with a Dutch office in Utrecht. For more information about the company, check out www.caf.net.
Responsible consultant: Burt Lamers